The Full 639km RDGA 2013 New years Resolution Ride

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz, Lunatix

Tacx Video Production

Re: The Full 639km RDGA 2013 New years Resolution Ride

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:13 pm

F10-disel wrote:Hi Phil,

Have you finalised this ?

Can hardly wait for the release :D

Do you know if the Tourmalet and Stelvio downloads will be released any time soon ?

Thanks
Both Raid parts are now in the hands of Tacx, the Tourmalet is actually the Raid Part III the final part as it could not fit on the BD, so it ends half way down the Aspin....then you do the Tourmalet that will start 1 video frame further as the icing on the cake! Its a epic trip. The Stelvio has also passed Beta. if the testers are right they are the best films made to date :wink:

have a bunch of Triathlons now on the boil & then a few more Downloads,

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Håkan wrote:Ha ha Boys, I have start the RDGA again :D
My form are really bad this year so I have to take it easy, but I am now standing on foot of the fearsome Col de Bonette :twisted:
Are there any wine drinkers who wants to have a nice ride trou the Alps :D
Im drinking a great bottle Medoc tonight, but still need to get back into the habit of training again! My wheelchair is probably still on the old map! Shame Tacx never did anything with this, it really does capture something special about the sport/life style of cycling...

dougleybourne

Post by dougleybourne » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Håkan wrote:Ha ha Boys, I have start the RDGA again :D
My form are really bad this year so I have to take it easy, but I am now standing on foot of the fearsome Col de Bonette :twisted:
Are there any wine drinkers who wants to have a nice ride trou the Alps :D
I would love to join you, I am looking forward to doing the RDGA over again but want to do the Raid before then. Keep going and let us all know where you are from time to time and perhaps one or more can join you. Merrry Xmas. Doug

Håkan

Post by Håkan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Doug and Phil, I think all of us had a very pleasent time on our last ride on the RDGA. It was really fun, specially all nice comments and good wine tips from different areas... also think that some riders sometrimes stayed a day or two extra in a nice village or bar during the ride... also remember that most of us was hit by the flue when we passed Briancon, better luck this year.
So just get up on the "Iron horse" and enjoy your ride. :D
I´m now standing 20km up on the Bonette, a little bit above the "goast village" :wink:
I7-Processor (4cores 2,3 GHz)
8G RAM
Intel HD Grahpics 4000
FORTIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.5

Håkan

Post by Håkan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm

One year has passed and you remember quickly what a great ride RDGA are,.
I have now passed the summit of Bonnette, Ohuuu its a long and hard ride, have also passed Col de Vars, isch the last 5k was really hard with 9 to 11%, I was almost ded on the last km, have to dig deep :evil: wonder how Nesz felt during his full ride :D
I´m now on the way to Col de Iseran. have to stop in a village to taste a local wine :D
8G RAM
Intel HD Grahpics 4000
FORTIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.5

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Håkan wrote:One year has passed and you remember quickly what a great ride RDGA are,.
I have now passed the summit of Bonnette, Ohuuu its a long and hard ride, have also passed Col de Vars, isch the last 5k was really hard with 9 to 11%, I was almost ded on the last km, have to dig deep :evil: wonder how Nesz felt during his full ride :D
I´m now on the way to Col de Iseran. have to stop in a village to taste a local wine :D
There is a cut at the town at the foot where we cross a bridge & the first hotel on the left was where we stayed the night (our only night in a hotel) the film switches from cloudy late afternoon to a perfect blue sky morning with the sun in your face. I think what followed was one of the longest days filming we ever did!

The Raid is going to be in the new year now having only just passed beta & Tacx, it will take two weeks to print still.

dougleybourne

Post by dougleybourne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Håkan wrote:One year has passed and you remember quickly what a great ride RDGA are,.
The little town at the foot of the Iseran is Bonneval sur Arc. It will be well worth while spending the night here at the only hotel (that is also the local Tabac, La Poste etc) and have a look around this historic village - notice in particular the way the roofs are tiled! The landlord pours a mean Genepi! By mean I mean a generous, very generous one. Enjoy!

Gordonk

Post by Gordonk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Well I'm about to start my post christmas RDGA. I agree that last years ride was one of the best experiences I've had using the trainer. It really paid off with my fitness level. I have been doing a 160 km grand fondo organized by Axel Merck in Penticton the last couple of years and managed to take 40 minutes off my time this year and finished in 4:41 minutes due to the great base I had from doing the RDGA in January. I don't think I can match the marathon sessions of doing a whole disk in one go, but I'm going to try and beat my last years time which I kept track of. Hope to see all the riders out there who did the ride last year and some new ones.

Happy New Year everyone.

Gordon
AMD Phenom X2 1055T 6 core
8G RAM
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1Gig video
60 Gig SSD harddrive for OS
1 Terabyte storage drive
Windows 7 64 bit
FORTIUS MOTORBRAKE
TTS 4.9.1
TTS3 3.12

Håkan

Post by Håkan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Gordon nice to see you here in the southern Alps, hope you enjoy your ride :)
Damn i've got a cold just before I reach Briancon :(
Any good tips to get rid of it
/ Håkan
8G RAM
Intel HD Grahpics 4000
FORTIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.5

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Before Briancon? What an infectious place. So many of us have spent time fighting the flu there. Try to get through, though. Malfukt is still there, he knows all the nurses now and can do the introductions... :mrgreen:

I made a vere lazy second attempt at the RDGA this summer and am still on top of the Roselend.. Curious whether I will make it to Evian before the Raid starts..

Håkan

Post by Håkan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm

thebigoneinfront wrote:Before Briancon? What an infectious place. So many of us have spent time fighting the flu there. Try to get through, though. Malfukt is still there, he knows all the nurses now and can do the introductions... :mrgreen:

I made a vere lazy second attempt at the RDGA this summer and am still on top of the Roselend.. Curious whether I will make it to Evian before the Raid starts..
Hehe I do my very best.. also think I should have a talk with mr Malfukt... :wink:
Still waiting for the Raid but have to get use to the climbing again so the RDGA is a perfect warmup :D
8G RAM
Intel HD Grahpics 4000
FORTIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.5

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:54 am

The Raid will have a very different feeling with the 90km of rolling hills that get you to the 1st mountains of the pyrenees, there is a 2cat climb not long after the start but then its just light hills for hours of riding, the beta testers think its better the RDGA so Im hopeful you all will find it a good step forward. Next Spring I will do the final part!

Gordonk

Post by Gordonk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:42 am

I'm glad to hear the raid is a nice easy start. I just did the first 50 km of the RDGA this morning. I forgot how tought that first part of the RDGA is. It took me just over 2 hours for that first 50 km. I just started the slow grind up the Tinee valley before I have to tackle the "beast".

When is the first part of the raid going to be out?

Gordon
AMD Phenom X2 1055T 6 core
8G RAM
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1Gig video
60 Gig SSD harddrive for OS
1 Terabyte storage drive
Windows 7 64 bit
FORTIUS MOTORBRAKE
TTS 4.9.1
TTS3 3.12

martin_vortex

Post by martin_vortex » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 am

Just finished my 2nd RdGA (the Queen of all RLVs) trip. Still amazing the amount of details (most of it I couldn't remember) . And also the second time it is a nice trainings goal to complete the whole route
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

Gordonk wrote:I'm glad to hear the raid is a nice easy start. I just did the first 50 km of the RDGA this morning. I forgot how tought that first part of the RDGA is. It took me just over 2 hours for that first 50 km. I just started the slow grind up the Tinee valley before I have to tackle the "beast".

When is the first part of the raid going to be out?

Gordon

I think both parts will be released together. They passed beta so some time in Jan I guess

Håkan

Post by Håkan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:25 am

martin_vortex wrote:Just finished my 2nd RdGA (the Queen of all RLVs) trip. Still amazing the amount of details (most of it I couldn't remember) . And also the second time it is a nice trainings goal to complete the whole route
Aggree with you :D , looking forward to target the RDGAII, yes it´s not so easy to remember all nice wiews.
8G RAM
Intel HD Grahpics 4000
FORTIUS
TTS 3.12 & 4.5

Jake

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:37 pm

i'm sill in bed, waiting for the dvd to arrive, hope its here next week can't wait to start
"You only get stronger playing a stronger opponent"

Raymondo104

Post by Raymondo104 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 pm

I have tried to find reference to use of sound within the TACX films, which remain silent to me on my I Pad, but cannot
Find any real answer, is it not technically available to users? Although there would be traffic noise, the sound of birdsong and the song of tubs on tarmac would be great.

What chance?
Ray I

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Raymondo104 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 pm
I have tried to find reference to use of sound within the TACX films, which remain silent to me on my I Pad, but cannot
Find any real answer, is it not technically available to users? Although there would be traffic noise, the sound of birdsong and the song of tubs on tarmac would be great.

What chance?
Ray I
This is a old thread you have posted to! Before this last two years we always filmed from a roadster so the sound was always of a car engine, going a lot slower or faster then the sound was recorded can result in some strange sound effects also..at least it used to. Over the last year we have invested a bit in some high end microphones & as we now use a special stabilized filming Ebike the sound is quite high quality & would be worth adding to some rides if we can. So some rides for the new Tacx software thats in Beta have sound in the video file & if one day we are able to have sound in a RLV these rides would have the sound of birdsong cars passing & wind on the descents.

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”