Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV for TTS4

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Nasz, Lunatix

User avatar
malfukt
Moderator
Posts: 5578
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: UK

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by malfukt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Tisztul_A_Visztula wrote:But can somebody please tell me how to activate a downloadable film. I got two (!!!) keys per product bought, but the installer did not offer me to type the keys. Moreover I already got a warning by TTS3 that the video will expire in a week.

I checked both TTS3 and Tacx Diagnostic Tool, but could not find any menu item for activating a film.

May I give the keys to TTS3 only when the trial period will expire?

Thanks
With TTS3 you cannot use the Help/Show Licence info (As you can with TTS4)... you have to do it when licence expires after 7 days, then start the ride as usual, select `start training` then the activation box will appear
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

Stueys
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Stueys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am

Does anyone know where tbuy T1956.77 L'Etape du Tour 2013)? Can't find on the tacx website or any of the resellers.

Thanks

sgarnier
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:44 am
Location: France

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by sgarnier » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 am

I don't think that it is available yet.

Stueys
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Stueys » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 pm

sgarnier wrote:I don't think that it is available yet.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am

I still need to add the 2013 climbs to the list....it's a lot!

bforsy
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by bforsy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi Perhaps tacx could film with 3 cameras, one pointing forward, one to the left and one to the right. This way we could have 3 monitors while riding and see the great scenery while riding in mountains that otherwise we would miss altogether. One of the pleasures of riding mountains is the views, which we dont get to see in Tacx. Sure it will cost more to produce and require much greater system resources, but you could charge a little more and the cost of the extra system resources are not that great. It would make the rides more realistic and enjoyable.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Tacx Raid Pyrenees - Filmed 2013
Cerbère - The Mediterranean Sea
Tour de Madeloc 335m
Col de Jau 1506m
Col de Pailhères 2001m
Port de Lers 1517m
Col d’Agnes 1570m
Col de Latrape 1111m
Col de Catchaudégué 893m
Col de Portech 862m
Col de Portet d’Aspet 1069m
Port de Balès 1755m
Col de Peyresourde 1569m
Col d’Aspin 1489m
Col du Tourmalet 2115m

Tacx Raid Pyrenees - Filmed 2014
Col de Spandelles 1380m
Col du Soulor 1474m
Col d'Aubisque 1709m
Col de Marie Blanque 1035m
Col d'Ichere 695m
Col de Labays/Soudet 1540m
Col de Bagargui 1327m
Col d'Ispeguy 672m
Puerto de Olsondo 491m
Col de Saint Ignace 177m
Hendaye - The Atlantic ocean

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:01 pm

I think I shall give up keeping this list going, we have now just about every well known climb, either as Tacx film or in our growing stock. If your looking for a climb simply ask.

Image

robp
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by robp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:I think I shall give up keeping this list going, we have now just about every well known climb, either as Tacx film or in our growing stock. If your looking for a climb simply ask.
Zoncolan the only major absentee now?

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm

robp wrote:
Tacx Video Production wrote:I think I shall give up keeping this list going, we have now just about every well known climb, either as Tacx film or in our growing stock. If your looking for a climb simply ask.
Zoncolan the only major absentee now?
I filmed it this summer!;-)

robp
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by robp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Awesome! We're off there next August so will be great to learn the climb first.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:23 pm

robp wrote:Awesome! We're off there next August so will be great to learn the climb first.
It's even worse then Mortirolo?

Petrucci
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Petrucci » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

When will it be possible to film ourself to add less known climbs ? Do you work on this possibility ?

I live in Lyon and there are very interesting climbs near the city, the Beaujolais for example. Great little roads and lanscapes. :D

I could do that with others climbs of the region (Jura mountains, Alps, Massif Central).

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Petrucci wrote:When will it be possible to film ourself to add less known climbs ? Do you work on this possibility ?

I live in Lyon and there are very interesting climbs near the city, the Beaujolais for example. Great little roads and lanscapes. :D

I could do that with others climbs of the region (Jura mountains, Alps, Massif Central).
So can we in much higher quality & have it grade perfect, just send me the routes & climbs you think would be popular & we will try to get them...we pass Lyon a few times each year & would love to get some roads here....I need some local knowledge though!

Petrucci
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Petrucci » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Ok, If necessary, I will be happy to help and to bring some local knowledge. Below are ideas, but tell me if you want more details (photos, map, km, difficulty, tracks...) and give me your criterias.

Lyon - Mt d'Or

An interesting idea could be to make a video starting in the city (monuments, Quais de Saône...) to go to the Mt d'Or, a little mountain near the city with a lot of medium climbs (max 7km / 400m D+). Nice roads and views.

Beaujolais (Lyon area)
Wonderful landscape (mainly in autumn) with hills, vineyards, beautiful villages (les Pierres Dorées). Cols / climbs everywhere and tiny roads (almost no cars).
Ex : Col du Joncin, Col de la Croix de Thel, Col de la Croix Rosier, Col de la Casse Froide...

Mt du Lyonnais
Forests and pasture. It exists very interesting climbs with steep and irregular roads to go up to Col de la Croix de Pars and Col des Brosses for example.

Bugey - Jura Mountains
A lot of small roads and cols with no cars. Forests and pasture. With probably the hardest climb in France (Grd Colombier via Virieu le Petit and the shortcut). It's possible to do a video with the Grd Colombier and others smaller climbs around (Col de Portes, Col de Ballon...).

Others : Vercors (col de Tourniol, col de la Bataille, col de Rousset), Haut-Jura (vallée de la Valserine, Gorges du Flumen...), Auvergne (Cézallier, Sancy : col de la Croix St Robert, col de la Croix Morand...), Mt Pilat (between Lyon and St Etienne)

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Petrucci wrote:Ok, If necessary, I will be happy to help and to bring some local knowledge. Below are ideas, but tell me if you want more details (photos, map, km, difficulty, tracks...) and give me your criterias.

Lyon - Mt d'Or

An interesting idea could be to make a video starting in the city (monuments, Quais de Saône...) to go to the Mt d'Or, a little mountain near the city with a lot of medium climbs (max 7km / 400m D+). Nice roads and views.

Beaujolais (Lyon area)
Wonderful landscape (mainly in autumn) with hills, vineyards, beautiful villages (les Pierres Dorées). Cols / climbs everywhere and tiny roads (almost no cars).
Ex : Col du Joncin, Col de la Croix de Thel, Col de la Croix Rosier, Col de la Casse Froide...

Mt du Lyonnais
Forests and pasture. It exists very interesting climbs with steep and irregular roads to go up to Col de la Croix de Pars and Col des Brosses for example.

Bugey - Jura Mountains
A lot of small roads and cols with no cars. Forests and pasture. With probably the hardest climb in France (Grd Colombier via Virieu le Petit and the shortcut). It's possible to do a video with the Grd Colombier and others smaller climbs around (Col de Portes, Col de Ballon...).

Others : Vercors (col de Tourniol, col de la Bataille, col de Rousset), Haut-Jura (vallée de la Valserine, Gorges du Flumen...), Auvergne (Cézallier, Sancy : col de la Croix St Robert, col de la Croix Morand...), Mt Pilat (between Lyon and St Etienne)
Cheers! Thats spot on the type of info I need, & if we film I will make sure you get the rides for free, same for anyone else that helps me discover new routes. If there really are particular road options related to these locations you think we should film the best is to make a GPS path with http://ridewithgps.com or http://www.gpsies.com/createTrack.do & PM me for my email. You cant better local rider info! Lyon is only 6hrs away so still inside our last minute radius.

Looking at the list & remembering the area from a TDF stage we filmed for Rabobank I think the Beaujolais would be popular....everyone also knows the wine!

The Grand Colombier via Virieu le Petit...yes we have never filmed anything in the Jura I think...its time!

User avatar
Nasz
Moderator
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 am
Location: McLaren Vale, South Australia
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Nasz » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 am

Ah! Bugey - Jura Mountains! I did that in 2005 on a recumbent! There was lot's of swearing! I would love to do this again, without the swearing. I'd forgotten about this climb (intentionally).
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

F10-disel
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 am

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by F10-disel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 pm

I know you haven't planned to film many big cols this year but added a list of interesting HC cols in the French pyrénées, maybe for some time in the future.

There are several HC cols around Luz Saint Sauveur that aren't in the collection. Cirque de Troumousse and Port de Boucharo have stunning views, Luz Ardiden is a regular stop on the Tour de France and of course Tourmalet Ouest could benefit from an "HD uplift" :D

Other HC climbs in central Pyrenées not far off and that aren't in the tacx collection :
- Pla d'Adet from the last Tour de France
- Col de Portet : on the same road as the Pla D'Adet, this might be the hardest climb in the Pyrénees. Not well known maybe because the road is absolute rubbish for the last few kilometers.
- Lac d'Aumar : a fantastic climb to one of the highest lakes in the Pyrénees
- Port de Balès from Bagnères de Luchon
- Col d'Aubisque : west side
- Superbagnères from Bagnères de Luchon

Then there are a collection of terrible cols from the Pays-Basque. Most of these are fairly short but with several kilometers over 10% one after the other - very much like the Bargagui you filmed for the raid:
- Col D'arnostéguy
- Col de Landerre
- Sommet d'Errozaté
- Burdincutcheta

Also in the pays Basque, longer climbs that are part of the toughest in the pyrénées
- Port de Larrau
- La Pierre Saint Martin (multiple sides) that will be in Tour de France 2015

In the West of the Pyrnees, there are less tough climbs but the following would be considered HC climbs. I've never been over there though so can't talk to the scenery. all of these aren't well known because the Tour de France hardly ever goes around this part of the Pyrenees
- Col de Portus
- Puig de la Tossa
- Col de Mantet

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3805
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:46 pm

F10-disel wrote:I know you haven't planned to film many big cols this year but added a list of interesting HC cols in the French pyrénées, maybe for some time in the future.

There are several HC cols around Luz Saint Sauveur that aren't in the collection. Cirque de Troumousse and Port de Boucharo have stunning views, Luz Ardiden is a regular stop on the Tour de France and of course Tourmalet Ouest could benefit from an "HD uplift" :D

Other HC climbs in central Pyrenées not far off and that aren't in the tacx collection :
- Pla d'Adet from the last Tour de France
- Col de Portet : on the same road as the Pla D'Adet, this might be the hardest climb in the Pyrénees. Not well known maybe because the road is absolute rubbish for the last few kilometers.
- Lac d'Aumar : a fantastic climb to one of the highest lakes in the Pyrénees
- Port de Balès from Bagnères de Luchon
- Col d'Aubisque : west side
- Superbagnères from Bagnères de Luchon

We have now family living not far from here so I'm almost sure that we will get some of these during one our family visits. Luz Ardiden would be the obvious 1st one to get, we actually stayed in a hotel on it last year but my goal was the Raid & I thought we had not time for it. It's only 90minutes away from the sister in law. Then there were a few others there like you noted to fill up a day of filming! Filmed the west side of the Tourmalet last year in wet weather, it's in my spare collection.

User avatar
Dr Teeth
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:42 pm

Re: Climbs filmed on Tacx RLV

Post by Dr Teeth » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:05 pm

What about the Blue Ridge Parkway here in North Carolina? It's pretty epic and absolutely gorgeous.

You could do a loooong extended cut like the Route De Grandes Alpes. It's 469 miles and has some amazing views. Lots of history along the way too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Parkway

Post Reply

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests