Old RLV use with NEO

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, Nasz, Lunatix

Post Reply
bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Hello,

New NEO guy here and just had a few questions. I have a couple RLV from my old Fortius trainer (Durango/Ouray and Evergreen as well as Arizona Climbs) Are these in anyway still compatible or a way to make them compatible with the new Tacx app? I still have TTS 4.0 and I am also looking in to Rouvy. Not sure what's what with the new stuff as I have been out of this for a while. I'll be trying to use my GoogleFu to find all the answers I can but appreciate any info that can be provided.

Thanks in advance for your input.

bsp

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by mcorn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm

The older videos are not compatible with any of the Tacx mobile apps or with the new Windows app (TDA).

At this point, your most economical approach is probably the Tacx Desktop App (TDA) monthly subscription program, where you have access to a pretty large library of high quality videos and other functions. If your PC is good enough to run TTS4, it should handle TDA as well. You can download the app and demos and try it for free to see how well it works:

https://tacx.com/product/tacx-software/

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm

mcorn wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm
The older videos are not compatible with any of the Tacx mobile apps or with the new Windows app (TDA).

At this point, your most economical approach is probably the Tacx Desktop App (TDA) monthly subscription program, where you have access to a pretty large library of high quality videos and other functions. If your PC is good enough to run TTS4, it should handle TDA as well. You can download the app and demos and try it for free to see how well it works:

https://tacx.com/product/tacx-software/
Thanks! It sure would be nice to be able to find a way to make those two videos work. Those were great! Is anyone making compatible videos with similar videos? The only ones I've seen on the Tacx site is the California ones

User avatar
Alex Masalovich
Moderator
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm

bigskypylot wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm
It sure would be nice to be able to find a way to make those two videos work.
Do not they work with TTS4? What are their nomenclature numbers?
And I found:
T1956.05 Iron Horse Classic - Colorado, USA
T1956.09 Heart of Evergreen - Colorado, USA
Take the tts-files of these videos here:
https://www.lunicus.org/tacx/ttsfiles.htm
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by mcorn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 pm

Yes Alex is right. You have to do a manual install of the TTS control file as described at the Lunicus website.

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 am

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm
bigskypylot wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 pm
It sure would be nice to be able to find a way to make those two videos work.
Do not they work with TTS4? What are their nomenclature numbers?
And I found:
T1956.05 Iron Horse Classic - Colorado, USA
T1956.09 Heart of Evergreen - Colorado, USA
Take the tts-files of these videos here:
https://www.lunicus.org/tacx/ttsfiles.htm
mcorn wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 pm
Yes Alex is right. You have to do a manual install of the TTS control file as described at the Lunicus website.
I will look that up and do so, thanks!

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 pm

I took the video files and put where suggested and just the elevation profile is visible when training

**disregard** :P lol

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Tried out the Ironhorse Classic and it seems rather slow. Would this be due to video player 1 or 2 selection? Going to try with video player 2 and see what's up.

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Now it's just stuck spinning and says Initialising please wait for last 5 minutes when switched to video player 2

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7590
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by mcorn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 pm

VP2 can have problems on some PC's, so I would go back to VP1. VP1 should not be any slower., although I am not sure what kind of slowness you are referring to. Video quality might be a little lower with VP1.

If by slower, you mean the software is slow to load up, play, or execute, it could be your PC is marginal for operating TTS4.

bigskypylot
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Old RLV use with NEO

Post by bigskypylot » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 am

Seems to be working better now. Just seemed like it was a little slow to start working. As for performance, I'll have to upgrade here sometime next year.

Post Reply

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests