radio silence

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, Nasz, Lunatix

Tacx Video Production

Re: radio silence

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 pm

mcorn wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 pm
Mike Ive already said above that yes its something I could do but its also something I don't feel a need to do, its too small a difference to bother with the extra step, ride video quality is not an issue in TTS4. If you wanted a slightly sharper experience then just switch to TDA..it will even have 4K versions of many rides (I think we have about 100 in Beta).
You seem to forget that much of this discussion is driven by those who want new videos for TTS4 because they can't use TDA as a result of not having a Smart/Bluetooth trainer. Your first impulse was to say you couldn't do it, and then it was to imply it would be too hard to do (a "hack"). Better to just be direct and say it is too much work for too small of a market. That way, owners of legacy Tacx ANT+ hardware can plan accordingly and decide what they want to do. The tablet software is not really a good substitute.
Mike I said at the very start it can be done but needs a little hacking using an open source program, its just too much messing about for a small gain that really nobody would notice. If I had a way to be able to publish the rides to TTS4 from here then maybe it would be interesting but as it is I need to rely on Tacx & AIM to do the website & installers etc..I will be lucky to get 10 films out this year when I think I can probably push out 100+ rides in TDA.. really it takes about 20minutes to publish 20 rides..

You keep saying Tablet software is not a substitute but actually, I think it is for many users on older kit that like RLV. Tablets are really cheap & if we can stream the TDA collection your going to have an amazing looking image & access to all those rides. You do the ride & upload to the cloud & strava..hook a hdmi to it & run it with a TV. If a windows 10 PC & a new Smart trainer is not an option then the tablet App could be a really good alternative...but we need to see how all turns out.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:38 am

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 pm
its just too much messing about for a small gain that really nobody would notice.
These are mostly reasonable points and I can understand that TDA allows you to directly publish new videos and have a quick, efficient process for getting them online. Fair enough.

But this discussion has been blurring a couple of different issues together. I think the most important one is the availability of new titles for TTS4 to accommodate users who can't go to TDA and are not really interested in adding a tablet program if they already have a big investment in TTS4. And the second less important one is whether the higher quality H264 codec is of much value if your were to release additional TTS4 titles.

So maybe the "small gain" of being able to implement H264 in an avi container isn't really worth it, but there are TTS4 users who would like more titles without having to leave TTS4 for the tablet program. And you appear to be saying there are really not enough hours in the day to do many more TTS4 titles, which I think TTS4 users need to understand so they can decide about the future.

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 am

mcorn wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:38 am
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 pm
its just too much messing about for a small gain that really nobody would notice.
These are mostly reasonable points and I can understand that TDA allows you to directly publish new videos and have a quick, efficient process for getting them online. Fair enough.

But this discussion has been blurring a couple of different issues together. I think the most important one is the availability of new titles for TTS4 to accommodate users who can't go to TDA and are not really interested in adding a tablet program if they already have a big investment in TTS4. And the second less important one is whether the higher quality H264 codec is of much value if your were to release additional TTS4 titles.

So maybe the "small gain" of being able to implement H264 in an avi container isn't really worth it, but there are TTS4 users who would like more titles without having to leave TTS4 for the tablet program. And you appear to be saying there are really not enough hours in the day to do many more TTS4 titles, which I think TTS4 users need to understand so they can decide about the future.
Mike as you know it’s often been incredibly hard/slow to get finished beta tested rides for TTS4 through all the red tape at Tacx & Aim to be available in the webshop as a product. Nothing here has changed. I can now (almost) produce a ride from TDA now by simply exporting a file & rendering a avi..thats my work finished. Last week someone rode the Flanders Fan ride that I filmed a couple of weeks ago in TTS4 just to see if it worked. The problem is not here, the problem is the same one we have always had & thats getting the product into the shop..

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”