The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Discussion about the Tacx collection of Video for Tacx Training Software

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support, Nasz, Lunatix

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Exmoor National Park & the climb up Dunkery Beacon
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm

I'm back in the Alps already have 5 new climbs since we arrived yesterday! 3 big ones planned for tomorrow & another 2 the day after...weather is now perfect & the fall colours just jaw drop nice everywhere! Will try to film something easy also...ha ha

User avatar
malfukt
Moderator
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by malfukt » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm

18km road climbs out of Manteigas following valley of Zèzere in Serra da Estrella in Portugal..



Image
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 pm

9 new Alpine climbs so far..conditions here are perfect.

Mal great idea for winter location?

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:34 pm

We have now another 15 Alpine climbs all filmed with the same autumn sun look & feel of last years Alpine October trip!

Col de Joux Plane - Morzine
Col de Joux Plane - Samoens
Col de Romme TDF 2018
Col de la Colombiere TDF 2018
Col des Glières + a nice easy bonus ride back to base TDF 2018
Col du Pré TDF 2018
Col de Pré to Cormet de Roselend TDF 2018
Cormet de Roselend - Bourg-St-M
La Rosiére TDF 2018
Iseran - Val d'Isere + the Valley that could be a nice easy bonus ride
Col du Glandon - North side
La Berarde (Our 3rd version of this amazing road)
Col de Sarenne + A descent of Alp d'Huez
Villard-Notre-Dame
Col de la Croix de Fer TDF 2018


Image


Blueberry
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Northern Germany

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Blueberry » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:38 pm


my favourite feature thats new for the PC version of the software is the KOM information box..in place of attempting to read the little 1KM to go signs on the side of the road or those Pop-up boxes in TTS4 you have a permanent distance to the top information box, its clear enough to see when your curious but not in your face, the box vanishes when you see a message to say you have reached the top...I think its perfection!


looks very good, indeed! Will the MacOS Version looks similar? Can I customize the displayed Info boxes? Personally I don`t like to see my position on a long steep climb ... because it may demoralize me in times ... :oops:
Hi there ... any news about the upcoming Mac OS version?

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm


Hi there ... any news about the upcoming Mac OS version?
Not really been told anything since early summer, it will be functionally the same & look the same as the PC version I think, at least it looked identical last time I see it. You will be able to hide the profiles data etc

Blueberry
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Northern Germany

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Blueberry » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 pm
Blueberry wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm


Hi there ... any news about the upcoming Mac OS version?
Not really been told anything since early summer, it will be functionally the same & look the same as the PC version I think, at least it looked identical last time I see it. You will be able to hide the profiles data etc
well, if Tacx will need some beta testers ... I raise my hand! :D

User avatar
martin_vortex
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by martin_vortex » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:09 pm
Blueberry wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:08 pm


Hi there ... any news about the upcoming Mac OS version?
Not really been told anything since early summer, it will be functionally the same & look the same as the PC version I think, at least it looked identical last time I see it. You will be able to hide the profiles data etc
well, if Tacx will need some beta testers ... I raise my hand! :D
Are you sure? To be a beta tester (kind of special forces) you have to take some money with you :lol:
I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein
On the Theory of Relativity.

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I suspect all the forum mac users will become beta testers :wink:

Just finished backing up & cataloging the Alpine trip along with creating all the time lines ready for cutiing & we have enough for about 17 new rides out of that amazing week! maybe 18 rides if a very scenic fall colours descent of Alp'dHuez would be worth making?

cycling2011
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 am
Location: Hull.United Kingdom

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by cycling2011 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm
I suspect all the forum mac users will become beta testers :wink:

Beta Testing is a 7 day 52 week all year job. :wink:
You have to be on Call 24 hours a day.
I have often found myself awake at 4am staring at the TDA Screen this year. :shock:
Dave.

miannini
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by miannini » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Hopefully, the new TDA will work with "older" non-smart trainers. "Upgrading" my two year old, perfectly functioning, Genius non-smart seems very unnecessary (I only ride RLVs in my laptop).

User avatar
Tacx Video Production
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:49 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:54 pm

miannini wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm
Hopefully, the new TDA will work with "older" non-smart trainers. "Upgrading" my two year old, perfectly functioning, Genius non-smart seems very unnecessary (I only ride RLVs in my laptop).
Just now its only working with BT enabled Tacx smart trainers, its not Ant+ compatible yet you will also need a recent Windows 10 enabled PC. Ive no idea what Tacx plan to do about the older legacy trainers or if these will work.

miannini
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by miannini » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:14 pm

That will mean I will have to sell my Genius non-smart ASAP... too bad! :(

tiredlegs
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:15 am

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by tiredlegs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:41 pm

You can buy the Smart control unit for the brake which is easily fitted to your existing trainer and enables you to use TDA, Zwift etc. That's exactly how I upgraded my Ironman to a Smart trainer. It's a more cost effective way of upgrading a pretty decent trainer that you have already!

Tacx sell the units:

https://tacx.com/product/i-genius-upgrade/


Blueberry
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:56 pm
Location: Northern Germany

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by Blueberry » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 pm

cycling2011 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm
I suspect all the forum mac users will become beta testers :wink:

Beta Testing is a 7 day 52 week all year job. :wink:
You have to be on Call 24 hours a day.
I have often found myself awake at 4am staring at the TDA Screen this year. :shock:
Dave.
well, I use m NEO for 365 days a year and for many hours a day ... so no problem with that.

cycling2011
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 am
Location: Hull.United Kingdom

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by cycling2011 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Blueberry wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:36 pm
cycling2011 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm
Tacx Video Production wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm
I suspect all the forum mac users will become beta testers :wink:

Beta Testing is a 7 day 52 week all year job. :wink:
You have to be on Call 24 hours a day.
I have often found myself awake at 4am staring at the TDA Screen this year. :shock:
Dave.
well, I use m NEO for 365 days a year and for many hours a day ... so no problem with that.
You have what it takes to be a good Beta Tester.
I also use my Neo every day including Christmas Day.
Been able to test is good but also to report/send logs and give good feedback is just as important.
Good luck with your Beta Testing of TDA. :wink:
Dave.

miannini
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: Brasil

Re: The Routes to film in 2017 thread

Post by miannini » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:30 pm

tiredlegs wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:41 pm
You can buy the Smart control unit for the brake which is easily fitted to your existing trainer and enables you to use TDA, Zwift etc. That's exactly how I upgraded my Ironman to a Smart trainer. It's a more cost effective way of upgrading a pretty decent trainer that you have already!

Tacx sell the units:

https://tacx.com/product/i-genius-upgrade/
That was already a LOT expensive at 200 EUR. Now they raised it´s price to 250 EUR. Better to sell my old unit and buy a new one...

Post Reply

Return to “Tacx Real Life Video”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests