Fortius watts lower than in real life (standard scale factor

Anything about Power (watts)

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

gabri

Fortius watts lower than in real life (standard scale factor

Post by gabri » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:13 am

Hi I read here and see that most people say the scale factor must be set higher than the 100% standard scalefactor.

However with the standard settings compared to real life watts I'm going slower already.

For example: mont ventoux on the fortius 1hr40 in real life 1hr29, so with the standard scale factor I'm slower already, with a higher scale factor the time would be worse right ?

My player profile is filled in with the right weight and 8kg for the bike.
So I don't think it's really lighter .. but in my case harder than should be ? not a problem though :twisted:

mcorn

Re: Fortius watts lower than in real life (standard scale fa

Post by mcorn » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 pm

gabri wrote:Hi I read here and see that most people say the scale factor must be set higher than the 100% standard scalefactor.

However with the standard settings compared to real life watts I'm going slower already.

For example: mont ventoux on the fortius 1hr40 in real life 1hr29, so with the standard scale factor I'm slower already, with a higher scale factor the time would be worse right ?

My player profile is filled in with the right weight and 8kg for the bike.
So I don't think it's really lighter .. but in my case harder than should be ? not a problem though :twisted:
Yes, a higher scale factor reduces the calculated wattage and makes it harder. The other thing that makes it harder besides entering higher weight is a calibration value that is lower than it should be. So, if you have a calibration of 0 and it should be 2.0, it will be harder. What calibration do you have?

You really need a power meter to use the Scale Factor, but if you think it is too hard, you can set the Scale Factor to less than 100.

principiante

Post by principiante » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Would you excuse my question. Where can i change the scale factor?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm

principiante wrote:Would you excuse my question. Where can i change the scale factor?
In the systems options, there is a Scale Factor setting. It is also described in the manual.

Return to “Wattage”