i-Magic, Power testing question. Should resistance increase?

Anything about Power (watts)

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

ir12daveor

i-Magic, Power testing question. Should resistance increase?

Post by ir12daveor » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:47 pm

I have an i-magic and have been trying to set up a ramp or step protocol on it for testing. The problem is that the motor resistance doesn't seem to change between stages in the test. If I set a test starting at 90W and increase 30W every three minutes the motor resistance doesn't increase to 120W after three minutes. I can increase my cadence or change gear to get a power increase, but shouldn't the device increase resistance to up my power at the same cadence/gear? It does seem to improve over 180W. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frisco

Post by Frisco » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm

It seems like it'd be a tough mistake to make, but it sounds like you setup the program wrong - are you sure it isn't in Grade mode instead of Watt mode? In Watt mode you should be able to go into any gear/cadence and have the unit adjust the motor to achieve the desired wattage. I have definitely never had this problem.

sgdiesel

Post by sgdiesel » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:32 pm

Exact same problem experience and posted a thread, no response so far.

very frustrating

hwecken

Post by hwecken » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 pm

You must select a gear that the brake is in the controlrange. The red bar on the right side of the screen, which shows the control of the brake, should be always off of the lower und upper end

Return to “Wattage”