Power on iMagic Trainer / Tyre pressure

Anything about Power (watts)

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

tobes

Power on iMagic Trainer / Tyre pressure

Post by tobes » Mon May 26, 2008 8:54 pm

I have looked at some of these posts and managed to get quite confused.

This may seem a daft quesiton but I have managed to get myself quite concerned so I wondered if someone could halp me.

I have recently moved my trainer to a new location and increased the tyre pressure to about 100psi (the previous pressure was very low and I hadnt noticed). I did this as I have just been bashed up a bit in a motorbike racing accident and have been totally out of action for 5 weeks - still suffering from broken bones etc.

Today I used it for the 1st time since and performed one of my standard training sessions on one of th catalyst training programmes. I have stuck to my previous training zones and when I overlap the HR readings they are fairly similar but my power has reduced by and average of 70Watts and both speed average (by 2.5mph) and distance have reduced.

I am aware I will have lost alot of my fitness and as my body is fixing it may affect things but I wondered if my changes could have affected any of these results as well as it has me down in the dumps !

I think in future I will pay more attention to calibration but any help / advice would be appreciated.

qcscmh

Post by qcscmh » Tue May 27, 2008 8:24 am

What could explain this is if you increased your tire pressure without decreasing the roller tension. This would make it harder to pedal, so you would go slower and produce less power.

Power output on imagic is in relation to your speed not actual power output.
Nothing interesting here > http://bikestuff.freehostia.com/

tobes

Post by tobes » Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks for that - Actually makes sense although I got lost in all the chat on this forum.

I will look through and see if there is an accurate way of setting this.

Thanks for the reply.

qcscmh

Post by qcscmh » Tue May 27, 2008 1:39 pm

tobes wrote:Thanks for that - Actually makes sense although I got lost in all the chat on this forum.

I will look through and see if there is an accurate way of setting this.

Thanks for the reply.
If you want to try and get consistant rides for comparison you will have to try and calibrate, but this is not that accurate in my opinion as the calibration changes when imagic hardware is warmed up. If you ride the league, like many of us, we set 0,0 calibration and try to get lowest rolling resitance with tyre & roller tension combination.
Nothing interesting here > http://bikestuff.freehostia.com/

tobes

Post by tobes » Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks for that.

Much appreciated !

Return to “Wattage”