Vortex Smart - no wattage

Anything about Power (watts)

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

Dmckin3782

Vortex Smart - no wattage

Post by Dmckin3782 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm a relatively new user connecting to zwift and have had a very inconsistent experience. I don't have a power meter so I'm unclear what my typically output is but I have had some rides with extended periods > 600 watts which resulted in warning messages from zwift. I don't believe I recently upgraded the firmware, but within the last week I seem to continuely get a 0 wattage reading from tacx. Seems that every time I get on the bike I need to calibrate due to wheel slippage and have even stopped mid ride to recalibrate. Been using zwift under classic trainer but without the resistance I'm beginning to question the purchase. I've tried the unplug - delete app approach, but not a fix - any suggestions appreciated.

mcorn

Re: Vortex Smart - no wattage

Post by mcorn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Dmckin3782 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm
Seems that every time I get on the bike I need to calibrate due to wheel slippage and have even stopped mid ride to recalibrate.
Not really sure about any Zwift issues, but don't quite understand this. Is the roller tension on the tire loosening while you ride? This would be very unusual and indicates some kind of mechanical problem. Is something moving or slipping or is the tire losing pressure?

Dmckin3782

Re: Vortex Smart - no wattage

Post by Dmckin3782 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:52 am

I tightened to calibrate at the upper limit and increased the air pressure; much better outcome this morning. Hoping that resolves my issue - I'll continue to response back if that's not the fix.

Return to “Wattage”