having major issue - TACX VORTEX - Watts Output not correct vs. Watts Load

Anything about Power (watts)

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Tacx support

smooth161

having major issue - TACX VORTEX - Watts Output not correct vs. Watts Load

Post by smooth161 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Hello

Has anyone ever had an issue with the Watts Output being far less then the Watts Load? As an example if I am suppose to be at 100 watts then I am only getting 60 or 70 watts output. I have tried TrainerRoad and PerfPro and both have the same issue although I have been using PerfPro with my Vortex since October and never an issue until 2 weeks ago. I updated my firmware, calibrated, reinstalled the software for PerfPro and even swapped out a new trainer but to no avail. Tacx Tech Support was notified and I didn't get any sensible answers except to take it back to the dealer. Help please?
Matt

martinpeinsipp

Re: having major issue - TACX VORTEX - Watts Output not correct vs. Watts Load

Post by martinpeinsipp » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi!

The vortex does not measure the real watt like a powermeter. The vortex has a drift depending on the wheel-pressure/calibration/and temperature.

I am using a powermeter (Power2Max NG) and depending on the speed I have a diff between 10-20 watt.

But if you are training all the time on the vortex, you can compare your trainings within trainerroad, for example. But you should not compare the watt taken from the vortex and with somebody, which has a powermeter.

Martin

Return to “Wattage”