Trouble using Tacx Satori

Satori, Swing, Sirius, Speedmatic, Rollers

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

bapbap

Trouble using Tacx Satori

Post by bapbap » Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm new to cycling and purchased the Satori to help me build strength and confidence.

Firstly, I'm having real trouble with calibration. At first it showed it was calibrated fine but the TrainerRoad app was showing me as consistently outputting between 300W and 1000W with ease which is of course nonsense. I changed nothing and came back the next day to have the app report power in the low 10's and mid 30's when I'm absolutely gunning it and my legs are on fire. I went back to calibrate and now it shows too tight, even though absolutely nothing has changed. I can't get it to move out of too tight, even when I've got the tyre even barely touching the roller. I can repeat the calibration test 3 times in a row and get a slightly different reading each time but ultimately, too tight.

I've also noticed that when I use the Tacx app to calibrate if I leave it in Metric units, I find it very difficult to hit 40km/h, I can usually do it once then can't again without resting for a few minutes. I put this down to my being fat and unfit but changing the units to Imperial makes it significantly easier, even though I'm supposedly hitting the same speed. I don't have a cycle computer to help me compare unfortunately.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm using an iPhone, I'm using the Tacx trainer tyre at correct pressure with the bike firmly attached to the device and with the lever on "1".

I'm starting to really regret spending the extra money on this model, I would have been better buying a cheaper one and buying speed/cadence sensors elsewhere (I'm not serious enough to buy a power meter just yet). I just want to get started with my training and track progress and I can't get the thing to report data of use. It also gives me concern that, without changing anything, the data could be misleading.

Nick Kanwetz

Re: Trouble using Tacx Satori

Post by Nick Kanwetz » Fri May 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Sorry to hear about the recent issues here!

If you haven't already, let's have you get in touch with our support crew. You can find them by sending in an email to support@trainerroad.com and they'll be happy to help you out. :-)

Looking forward to helping you get everything working as it should!

Talk to you soon,

Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
https://trainerroad.com/how-it-works

bapbap

Re: Trouble using Tacx Satori

Post by bapbap » Fri May 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks Nick, I don't think the problem is TrainerRoad to be fair, I think it's the trainer itself. I received a speed/cadence sensor I ordered and VirtualPower seems to work just fine!

Return to “Cycletrainers - Rollers”