A new product for those that have a TV set & DVD

Satori, Swing, Sirius, Speedmatic, Rollers

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Nasz, Fortius Magical Man

Tacx Video Production

A new product for those that have a TV set & DVD

Post by Tacx Video Production » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:04 pm

A new product for those who train away from a PC but have a DVD & TV!

By using the on-screen graphics you can manually adjust the breakforce or gears to replicate the feel of the terrain. A count down timer tells you the remaining time to the end of the DVD. A pre ride menu displays a choice of trainers that you can select to have the blue on screen circle display the recommended setting (10 setting,7 setting, Ergo +9 -4 or spin).

The MajorcaTour DVD has matching original Techno drum & base music from my Ghent based club DJ musician friend......very cool stuff 8). The route takes you to the Top of the Puig de Randa (big volcano climb with golf balls on the top close to Palma).

The first Alpine Classic DVDs will have no music (this will come later if its something thats desired). This route takes you over the Galibier to the top of the Lautaret & then from Venosc to the very top of l'Alpe'd-huez. The d'Huez features new footage recorded this year with all the bend numbers & alt clearly displayed.

A little more info is here http://www.tacx-video.com/VC2005MajorcaTour.htm

Regards Phil

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:19 am

Powerful tools to keep you riding longer on the trainer. You will notice the difference after the ride when the usual 'trainer' memories of various stop watches, a wall, a wooden door, some old tour video & a combination of lactate pain mixed with pure boredom are replaced with more pleasant cycling related memory's such as a tough hill, a village or nice view combined with that feeling of achievement :wink: It makes the trainer something that has more in common with cycling outside.

skritikos

Post by skritikos » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Phil can you please tell me if the only way to synchronize my training with the video is by changing the playing speed of the DVD disc?

I'm looking for new challenges on the trainer, because the winter is here and the indoor sessions are so boring!! These discs look like a good challenge :)

Thanks,
Stamatis
Flow upgraded with I-Magic/Fortius kit. Excellent!

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:06 pm

skritikos wrote:Phil can you please tell me if the only way to synchronize my training with the video is by changing the playing speed of the DVD disc?

I'm looking for new challenges on the trainer, because the winter is here and the indoor sessions are so boring!! These discs look like a good challenge :)

Thanks,
Stamatis
Best leave the playing speed alone as that will effect the countdown speed also. The video speed in these TV based DVDs is fixed so you will have to imagine that your with a group or behind a derny & the speed is out of your personal control :wink: Try to use the on screen display so you know for sure if you need to increase the break force or use a bigger gear to simulate a hill. Then use the video to help you pace (if you can see the top then you know you can hammer it). Stick to the grade settings & you should have a workout thats almost as good as having a Real life video but with these you need a little more imagination & a good dose of self discipline! The Lombardy & MajorcaTour include music. I also added ambient sound from the original recording with the Lombardy so you can hear the cars etc with the music. I think if you like ambient drum & base then you will find the rides are a great diversion. If not then turn it down & play your own collection.

skritikos

Post by skritikos » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:16 pm

That sounds good for me!
I'll order 1-2 (or maybe all 3 of them) through the TACX site
to enrich my training sessions.

Thanks!

ODonnellChiro

Post by ODonnellChiro » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Phil, sounds like a great product, but I will tell you from personal experience I like to have the option of turning the techno backing tracks off sometimes (so that I can play my own music or just listen to the ambient sounds with no music). The Spinervals videos finally learned how annoyed people could get with their music and so allowed it to be selected as on or off at the title screen (admittedly, their choice of music was awful). Perhaps you would want to include this option in future videos if it is already not an option?

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:56 pm

ODonnellChiro wrote:Phil, sounds like a great product, but I will tell you from personal experience I like to have the option of turning the techno backing tracks off sometimes (so that I can play my own music or just listen to the ambient sounds with no music). The Spinervals videos finally learned how annoyed people could get with their music and so allowed it to be selected as on or off at the title screen (admittedly, their choice of music was awful). Perhaps you would want to include this option in future videos if it is already not an option?
I looked at having ambient sound with no music but it ended up sounding like the VR world. The music is original stuff that a Belgium club DJ friend makes for me. I have to admit that its my personal choice in music which I & riders with..... my taste will like 8) I'm going on the theory that I can not please everyone but if I like it then there will probably be at least someone with vaguely similar taste. I'm using some of his stuff for the latest demos. If you like country western or heavy metal you can simply mute the TV & reach for the stereo remote as there is no coach screaming at you with these :wink: The video plans for 2006 should result in some very nice footage that will be suitable for the Video Cycling concept.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:48 am

skritikos wrote:That sounds good for me!

Thanks!
I finally decided to order Majorca Tour DVD only, to test the whole concept and then order the rest (Alps? :twisted: ).

Thanks for your great products and ideas!
Stamos

skritikos

Post by skritikos » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:50 am

Anonymous wrote:
skritikos wrote:That sounds good for me!

Thanks!
I finally decided to order Majorca Tour DVD only, to test the whole concept and then order the rest (Alps? :twisted: ).

Thanks for your great products and ideas!
Stamos
OK, that was me :D
Phil, I placed the order last night, any estimated day of arrival to Greece?

Thanks,
Stamos

Return to “Cycletrainers - Rollers”