Dead Trainer?

Fortius, i-Magic , Cosmos, Flow , upgrade kits

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

Post Reply
raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi guys. Fortius Multiplayer with T1932 interface/handlebar unit.
Not used the trainer for a couple of years due to a bit of a battle with cancer. Started again last week and used it 4 times without a problem but the other night when I turned it on it blew the house trip. Turned out the PSU for the computer had died and the hard drive was making a noise. Got that sorted, loaded TTS 3.6 from CD and now have the following problem.

Motor brake and handlebar unit are crossed out on the screen. Top light on handlebar unit is yellow/orange. No other lights are on. So long since I have used it regularly I can't remember what it used to be like. Don't know if something else has blown. Any ideas please? Desperate to get fit and healthy again. Thanks.

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:04 am

raymondo wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 pm
Hi guys. Fortius Multiplayer with T1932 interface/handlebar unit.
Not used the trainer for a couple of years due to a bit of a battle with cancer. Started again last week and used it 4 times without a problem but the other night when I turned it on it blew the house trip. Turned out the PSU for the computer had died and the hard drive was making a noise. Got that sorted, loaded TTS 3.6 from CD and now have the following problem.

Motor brake and handlebar unit are crossed out on the screen. Top light on handlebar unit is yellow/orange. No other lights are on. So long since I have used it regularly I can't remember what it used to be like. Don't know if something else has blown. Any ideas please? Desperate to get fit and healthy again. Thanks.
Glad to hear you are back on the road after you battle (I've been through it as well. I did manage to do light riding through most of chemo.)

If the T1932 is connecting to the PC, you should see a solid yellow LED. A good connection to the brake is indicated by a blinking green LED. So, if you have both of those, then it is probably a software configuration issue.

Did you go through the initial entry of your software license code? Did that all go okay?

If yes to all of this, you might want to download all of the updates after 3.5 and manually apply each one in sequence (3.6 through 3.12). Do not skip any updates and do not apply them out of sequence. Do not open TTS3 until you have done 3.12 and leave the USB cable UNPLUGGED through all the updates so all the USB driver updates are properly applied.

After doing this, see if that fixes your software configuration issue. Here is a link to the updates:

http://patches.tacxdata.com/public-releases/tts-3

raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you have made it through treatment too. It's great to be alive.
I have a solid yellow light but nothing else. After posting I continued searching the internet and came across an article saying it might be the drivers have not been installed??? I have the cd for TTS 3.6. Should there be something for the trainer itself?
The licence code went in ok and I was going to apply the upgrades once it was up and running so thanks for the links.
Only other thing that might be worth mentioning is that I am on TTS as "Annonymous" and I am unable to change that as the boxes are greyed out.

Edit. I used to have the old green head unit and bought the multiplayer second hand when i sold the old one. Not sure if I was sent anything else when I bought the new one that I haven't found yet. If you think drivers might be missing where can I find them please?

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm

raymondo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 am
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you have made it through treatment too. It's great to be alive.
I have a solid yellow light but nothing else. After posting I continued searching the internet and came across an article saying it might be the drivers have not been installed??? I have the cd for TTS 3.6. Should there be something for the trainer itself?
The licence code went in ok and I was going to apply the upgrades once it was up and running so thanks for the links.
Only other thing that might be worth mentioning is that I am on TTS as "Annonymous" and I am unable to change that as the boxes are greyed out.

Edit. I used to have the old green head unit and bought the multiplayer second hand when i sold the old one. Not sure if I was sent anything else when I bought the new one that I haven't found yet. If you think drivers might be missing where can I find them please?
The solid yellow means there is power to the controller and flashing green means the controller is actually communicating with the PC, so your problem is it is not communicating. There are no separate drivers, but I would still suggest that you run the updates and as many of them have the updated drivers included.

After doing that, plug in the USB and see if it works. If it does not, then you need to open Devices in Control Panel of Windows to be sure the drivers are properly installed. This PDF from Tacx might help:

http://www.tacxdata.com/files/support/W ... issues.pdf

User avatar
Alex Masalovich
Moderator
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by Alex Masalovich » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Problems with the interface:
http://ttsapi.tacx.com/service/analyse/ ... recognized

The installer for the latest version TTS3:
http://tacxdata.com/files/support/TTS3. ... ERSION.zip
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Think I have made things worse. I uninstalled TTS and installed it again. This time at the activation stage it failed with the message "the maximum allowable number of activations for this copy has been reached. You can deactivate a copy that was installed on another computer and activate it on this computer."
It has only ever been on this computer and on the failed hard drive???

Sorry for being a nuisance.

EDIT. I have emailed tacx support about the activation issue.

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by mcorn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 pm

raymondo wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 pm
Think I have made things worse. I uninstalled TTS and installed it again. This time at the activation stage it failed with the message "the maximum allowable number of activations for this copy has been reached. You can deactivate a copy that was installed on another computer and activate it on this computer."
It has only ever been on this computer and on the failed hard drive???

Sorry for being a nuisance.

EDIT. I have emailed tacx support about the activation issue.
Yes, you will need them to help you. When you changed hard drives, it looked like a new PC to the software. I would have just run all the updates as they may have fixed your USB driver issue.

raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm

All sorted. Got the activation code reset by Tacx and back in action now. Used the online updater to go from 3.6 in stages to 3.11 but couldn't get past 3.12 which came up as information. Will try another time to get 3.12 and 3.13 Not tried it yet but will do that tonight.
Thanks for your help.

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by mcorn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 am

raymondo wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:59 pm
All sorted. Got the activation code reset by Tacx and back in action now. Used the online updater to go from 3.6 in stages to 3.11 but couldn't get past 3.12 which came up as information. Will try another time to get 3.12 and 3.13 Not tried it yet but will do that tonight.
Thanks for your help.
I'm not sure what the situation is with 3.13. It may have had problems as 3.12 is the last update shown on the manual download page:

http://patches.tacxdata.com/public-releases/tts-3

I downloaded 3.13 back in February 2013, but because it is no longer shown as available, I suspect there was an issue. To be honest, I just can't recall.

User avatar
Alex Masalovich
Moderator
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am

The update from version 3.12 to version 3.13 is available here:
http://tacxdata.com/files/TTSUpdate3130.exe
http://ttsapi.tacx.com/en/service/softw ... software-3
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

mcorn
Moderator
Posts: 7592
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: USA, Bellingham, Washington

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by mcorn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Alex Masalovich wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 am
The update from version 3.12 to version 3.13 is available here:
http://tacxdata.com/files/TTSUpdate3130.exe
http://ttsapi.tacx.com/en/service/softw ... software-3
Thanks for the links. Tacx seems to have so many semi-duplicates web pages scattered throughout its system, it can be hard to find what is the latest and greatest.

raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Think I spoke too soon and need advice again. Used the links provided and updated from 3.12 to 3.13 and due to pressure of work not used it. I have just tried it now and everything has a red x against it. Noticed it said 3.13 light and so googled that and it appears to be a licence problem again. There is no option under the Help tag to register so do I need to contact Tacx again to have the licence reset again? Thanks. (again)

raymondo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: Carlisle UK.

Re: Dead Trainer?

Post by raymondo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Please ignore what I said above. After some considerable time getting nowhere I put the old 3.6 disc back in and somehow found the section to register the software. All seems to be ok now. Just need to find the link to the Fortius software which I saw on here last week somewhere.

Post Reply

Return to “Fortius - i-magic - Cosmos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests