Tacx Flow, repair a brake unit.

Fortius, i-Magic , Cosmos, Flow , upgrade kits

Moderators: malfukt, Tacx support, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

clip7

Tacx Flow, repair a brake unit.

Post by clip7 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi, sorry for my English, i'm from Poland.

Topic concerns the repair of the resistance in trenażerach Tacx Flow / iFlow. It fault manifested by the fact that, despite the change in the gradient from -4 to 9 braking system does not react and is still the same resistance. Some also report that the system does not work at the beginning and after a while surprises.

I began by dismantling the thrust of the motor and the roller, which presses the wheel. The whole hit the table. First, unscrew the plastic circular cover with longitudinal air inlets. It is attached to the 3 Torx screws. Then the plastic cover the control board is attached to the 2 smaller Torx screws. Then we see a plate:

http://imgur.com/a/rwN13

As you can see in my case, the transistor legs completely shattered at the same plate. Transistor flying loose in the housing. A miracle that there will be no short circuit on the board. In the cases reported as a temporary indisposition brake transistor to me probably has only interrupted by one leg and sometimes closes and sometimes opens. In my humble opinion, is a big design flaw. The transistor is large and as heavy, and his body is not attached to any element on the plate. I think that due to vibration, even delicate, after a few years break his legs.

Here you need a little practice in soldering. Printing is a double layer so you should outsource the job to someone with experience, not to uwalić tracks. We need a soldering iron and copper tape to pull the tin. The strip first soaked in soldering rosin (better pulls tin) and then attach the tape to the holes on the legs of the transistor to suck tin. Do not take this any longer as a few seconds because you can poprzepalać path lutownicze.Jak will be no holes in the tin can be removed the same rosin holes in the same way so that now we are using copper tape without rosin. If the holes are still clogged rosin we can gently unclog pin. The legs of the transistor in place of solder were thinner because we wycieniować what one has and that each leg equally on both sides to fit into the holes for soldering. The gap between the pins and there is a small file will not enter. I took a piece of thick, old credit card and a sandpaper. So I drove each leg of both sides, and here's what I got:

http://imgur.com/a/RKLXc

Keep in mind that you need to solder the transistor according to the markings on the plate. Its legs are marked as G, D, S plate viewed from a front side, from the labels. The first leg of the left G 2 - D 3 - S.Lutujemy thin tin to precisely fill the apertures. You can also fix the housing Transistor Capacitor next to some glue, just I do not know if he strongly heats during operation. I do not think it is especially hot because otherwise would need a heat sink. Although there may be a heat sink fully rotating plate, which cools the air system. After wlutowaniu looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/VyRFz

We make a whole and look forward to the full functionality of simulator. If I could help someone this way, it's nice. I think, to post on the forum tacx.com this link because there is a lot of posts related to this topic.

Regards

I wrote this on another forum: https://www.forumrowerowe.org/topic/212 ... oporowego/
Last edited by clip7 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malfukt

Re: Tacx Flow, repair a brake unit.

Post by malfukt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Post images you need web image storage.. imgur or photobucket etc.. the image will have 4 links, copy the link for forums & post in here..
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

clip7

Re: Tacx Flow, repair a brake unit.

Post by clip7 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:48 pm

malfukt wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:24 pm
Post images you need web image storage.. imgur or photobucket etc.. the image will have 4 links, copy the link for forums & post in here..
Ok, thanks. I changed the post.

Return to “Fortius - i-magic - Cosmos”