Best Laptop or Desktop Computer advice

Fortius, i-Magic , Cosmos, Flow , upgrade kits

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, malfukt, Tacx support, Fortius Magical Man, Nasz

Alps-al

Best Laptop or Desktop Computer advice

Post by Alps-al » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 pm

I am a complete novice about Computers, so after installing my new Tacx Fortius Multiplayer on several 2 -3 year old laptops and desktops I finally have come to the realisation that I need to purchase a more powerfull Laptop or Desktop computer.
Can anyone offer me the best system value for money which will run this TTS T1930 without any problems in VR, RLV, Ergo, or Multiplayer status.
I am now into my second week of the purchased item and have only managed 15 minutes of riding, so far the new indoor experience is not a pleasant one, considering the cost of the machine.

Many thanks in advance for the info.
Alistair

ehmormaht

Post by ehmormaht » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I built a pc out of spare parts and bought a processor and video card. It cost me about 400$ total.

Specs are:

AMD Athlon II x 4
Diamond Radion HD 5770
4 Gigs RAM
DVD writer/player
650 GB hard disk
Windows 7 ultimate

I have never had a single issue with TTS 2. Through all the updates it has gotten more stable.

Hope this helps, good luck.

John

Hubertus

Re: Best Laptop or Desktop Computer advice

Post by Hubertus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:38 am

Alps-al wrote:I am a complete novice about Computers, so after installing my new Tacx Fortius Multiplayer on several 2 -3 year old laptops and desktops I finally have come to the realisation that I need to purchase a more powerfull Laptop or Desktop computer.
Can anyone offer me the best system value for money which will run this TTS T1930 without any problems in VR, RLV, Ergo, or Multiplayer status.
I am now into my second week of the purchased item and have only managed 15 minutes of riding, so far the new indoor experience is not a pleasant one, considering the cost of the machine.

Many thanks in advance for the info.
I have my HTPC configured for TTS2 also (got my Fortius MP last week) and that is an older Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ which seems more than enough when:
1) You put at least 2 Gb of memory inside and
2) Have a descent videocard inside (I bought a ATI/AMD HD3450 about a year ago for my HTPC needs but it runs RLV's good enough)

I don't know what the specs are for the upcoming TTS3 but if they are equal there should be no need to have a dual, quad or whatever core. Of course if you have the money to spend it never hurts to buy a heavier machine...

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 pm

I described a $240 W7 upgrade that I did a year ago that ran TTS quite well:

viewtopic.php?t=11273

Because PC hardware prices always drop in terms of performance per dollar spent, you could do the same upgrade for less money today or get a better upgrade for the same price.

skeller21

Post by skeller21 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 pm

I bought a new Sony Viao laptop and it works great. I got the lowest end in their gaming line (still has 1meg dedicated video ram) and it ran about $1,300.

Tony Alaska USA

Post by Tony Alaska USA » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

just make sure to get at least a 1T Hard drive. That way you have plenty of room for all the RLV's 8)
Ride Hard or Go Home

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 pm

As I indicated with my $240 upgrade, there is currently no reason to overspend on a PC. A couple of years ago, a lot of PC performance was lacking when running the Tacx software, but that is not really true today. Laptops are the area to exercise the biggest caution because many are simply portable Internet appliances, have basic video, and are not upgradeable.

Having a solid middle of the road 1 gb video card (a $40 item today), 4 gb of system memory, 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 (NOT Vista), and a middle of the road CPU is all you need. As Tony says, get a second 1 TB internal harddrive (about $60 today) to store your videos. If you want to splurge, put the money into a decent video projector or large flat panel TV. Large video is what really makes the experience.

ismails

Post by ismails » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:46 am

I want to cheapest rate of desktop computer.with smart CPU and 64-bit Windows 7 required.

markrandall123

Post by markrandall123 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 am

I bought a MSI gaming laptop, highly recommend it for running the upgrade software for interactive film and VR, it's made workouts in my garage awesome - so now I can climb mountains whilst it's snowing outside and no technical issues whatsoever!

Return to “Fortius - i-magic - Cosmos”