training software apps

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, JörgenJ

GUYBP

training software apps

Post by GUYBP » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Interested in peoples thoughts on best software to hook up to my Vortex Smart.

I have used i-magic in past with TTS4 software and enjoyed virtual worlds/leagues and RLV's

Now, almost 10 years later, Think i need enjoyable structured programmes to help me lose weight and stay fit.

I think I would enjoy videos or simulated world but I have no interest in the racing or gaming aspect of swift. I want to enjoy as much s you cn using my turbo to achieve aims and to ride some long climbs so in shape for alps which I ride some summers

thanks

Guy

mcorn

Re: training software apps

Post by mcorn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:43 pm

No reason you can't stay with TTS4 with your Vortex Smart as long as the software is working for you.

You can download and try the Tacx Desktop Application (TDA) and demos for free as long as you have an up to date version of Windows 10. You can have TDA and TTS4 on the same PC without any problem.

As far as I can tell, there is no magic bullet software or training program. Whatever you use it has to be adapted to your needs and lifestyle.

Probably the most important thing is to have a program that motivates you, so if you are happy with TTS4 continue to use it for as long as it works on your PC and is supported by Tacx. TTS4 is in legacy status, so there will likely be a day when it no longer works.

GUYBP

Post by GUYBP » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm

thanks

have you tried zwift or sufferfest

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 pm

GUYBP wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm
thanks

have you tried zwift or sufferfest
I do not use those, but there are many others on this forum and the Tacx FB page who do.

Return to “General Training topics”