calibartion....

Moderators: malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, JörgenJ, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production

yoam123

calibartion....

Post by yoam123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm

I have T2200 model (an old one...)
For some reason I cant make calibation - i dont see the word STOP even when getting to speed of 30 km per hour.
what shold I do ?

zmbcgn

Re: calibartion....

Post by zmbcgn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Same here. I just rode 10+ min at speed >30km/h, but there was no "stop" while calibrating.

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Are you both referring to using the Flow trainers with the standalone handlebar computer? Or are using the brake with TTS?

If you are referring to the standalone unit, having you carefully read the calibration instructions here:

http://tacx.com/support/manuals/oldtrai ... ebsite.pdf

To calibrate, you may also need to ensure that cadence is working correctly.

zmbcgn

Post by zmbcgn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm referring to the standalone model.

Cadence maybe an issue here. I bought the device from ebay and i don't recall that there was any cadence sensor included.

I have an garmin sensor attached to the bike. Is this in any way useable for the Flow ?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:09 pm

zmbcgn wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 pm
I'm referring to the standalone model.

Cadence maybe an issue here. I bought the device from ebay and i don't recall that there was any cadence sensor included.

I have an garmin sensor attached to the bike. Is this in any way useable for the Flow ?
No. You need a Tacx T1947 cadence sensor that plugs into the brake. This Flow manual shows how it is connected:

http://tacx.com/support/manuals/oldtrai ... sembly.pdf

If you do an Internet search on the T1947, you will see it is still for sale in many places. It is a very simple cadence sensor and other older bike computer system used a similar one. It has a 1/8" - 3mm plug. You need a magnet on the crank arm. Each time the magnet passes the sensor, a switch closes.

Return to “General Training topics”