Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer - Tyre Burnt, Blue dust

Moderators: Tacx support, JörgenJ, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton

owlservice

Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer - Tyre Burnt, Blue dust

Post by owlservice » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi All,

I have the above trainer and have used it a few times, easy. Today I did a hard hill session and after the session I noticed that the trye had, I think, burnt. There was blue tyre dust all over the place and the trye had burned to a square profile.

Is this because I didn't have enough tension on the wheel? If so, is there a suggested number of turns to tension?

Also, is it normal, when using, a trainer tyre, for it to create dust?

Thank you.

mcorn

Re: Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer - Tyre Burnt, Blue dust

Post by mcorn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:09 am

owlservice wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:28 pm
Hi All,

I have the above trainer and have used it a few times, easy. Today I did a hard hill session and after the session I noticed that the trye had, I think, burnt. There was blue tyre dust all over the place and the trye had burned to a square profile.

Is this because I didn't have enough tension on the wheel? If so, is there a suggested number of turns to tension?

Also, is it normal, when using, a trainer tyre, for it to create dust?

Thank you.
Sounds like tension and tire pressure may not have been high enough. I've had trainer tires kick off some dust when new and for the first ride or two, but not after that. And certainly never enough to take off enough material to make it look a lot different. I've also had a worn-out trainer tire crumble, but that is after a lot of use. The Flow is not a super powerful brake, so I would bet this is a tension issue. There have been some reports of Flow Smart brakes not calibrating correctly and ending up too loose, which may be the case here.

I would recommend that you contact Tacx Support.

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer - Tyre Burnt, Blue dust

Post by Alex Masalovich » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:50 pm

I believe that it matters how long the tire was made and in what conditions it was stored before use. The older the age of the tire, the higher the probability of dust.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Return to “General Training topics”