Tacx Vortex 2013 Model (green and white not Blue)

Moderators: Tacx support, JörgenJ, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton

rastapasta

Tacx Vortex 2013 Model (green and white not Blue)

Post by rastapasta » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Good Morning All,

First of all pardon the ignorance of the following, I am a newbie as regards to this tech.

I have the Tacx Vortex from about 2013 (I bought it in Jan 13) with the Ant+ dongle and the white little computer thingy that clips to the handlebars that shows speed cadence etc. When I bought it first I used it on a touchscreen Dell and the software worked fine. Then we moved house and the trainer was just used in manual mode (ie no software used) and netflix. Last night I decided to install the software (advanced 4) on another Laptop running windows 10. It started to work fine and everything recognised everything else (Laptop-Vortex etc). So I got up this morning to ride some of the Virtual routes (they look like a Playstation). The software on the laptop proceeded to Crash continuously. I then switched on a cycle training video on Youtube and watched it. I then decided to carry out the upgrades and when I left for work this is what the laptop was doing so hopefully all should be done by the time I get home.

My question is, what was causing the software on the Laptop to crash?? At the time it was the software from the DVd that came with the trainer (ie no upgrades at that point). Will thew upgrades solve the problem?? The bike also has a Wahoo Blue SC and I wear a Wahoo Tickr.

Sorry if this is long winded. if anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Alex Masalovich

Re: Tacx Vortex 2013 Model (green and white not Blue)

Post by Alex Masalovich » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:43 pm

rastapasta wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 pm
My question is, what was causing the software on the Laptop to crash??
For answer need to see the logs:
C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Logs
The fastest access to this folder: copy here the path to it and paste it in the address bar of Explorer or browser.
Тренируйтесь много, отдыхайте ещё больше!

Return to “General Training topics”