Training tires

Moderators: mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, JörgenJ

Balrog

Training tires

Post by Balrog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:35 pm

What's the latest in tires for trainers? I'm about to buy another tire and wonder what people have found. I've tried: Tacx Blue tire, didn't impress me much. The cheapest tire I could find, it was quieter than the Blue but it was 1/2 used up to begin with after outside use. After a riding trip in southern New Mexico I came back with kevlar tires. They have an imported brush species that'll has a thorn which will make your tires look like you ran over police stop sticks. The kevlar seemed that it lasted 3X longer on the trainer, but I don't have great information because I also rode the tires outside.
SO... Who has a dedicated training make & model tire they've fallen in love with for dedicated trainer use? Criteria would be quiet & good longevity for the price. Don't care if lots of cheap tires out ride one expensive one if, at the end of the day, the net result is more quiet miles for less dollars.
Thanks!

malfukt

Re: Training tires

Post by malfukt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 am

Continental trainer tyre ( lasted me long as 2 tacx blue & still going strong
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

thebigoneinfront

Post by thebigoneinfront » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 am

+1 for the the Continental trainer tryre. The Mrs. doesn't use her trainer as much as I do, but she's still on an old Conti that outlasted a couple of standard road and Tacx trainer tyres on mine.

mickyduck

Post by mickyduck » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:27 pm

I have the Continental as well.. managed to get through a blue TACX tyre in a couple of months. It split so guess it was faulty and was replacd under warranty... but I then just sold it on eBay
The conti does mark my roller more than the blue one did though.. and I am not a "Power" user.

dadee

Post by dadee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 pm

+1 for the the Continental trainer tyres =)

Return to “General Training topics”