using Streetview on GPS rides

Moderators: Tacx support, JörgenJ, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production, malfukt, Steve Newton

BigMonkey

using Streetview on GPS rides

Post by BigMonkey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am

Hi, I created a few GPS routes for my iFlow but can't figure out how to ride them in street view -the drop down menu only offers chase and top down views. Do I need TTS Advanced for street view or should it work in basic too?

mcorn

Re: using Streetview on GPS rides

Post by mcorn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 am

You need to purchase the Google license for Street View to work:

http://www.tacx.com/en/products/softwar ... nse-1-year

BigMonkey

Post by BigMonkey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi. I have purchased the google add-in and downloaded the google earth plug-in so thats not the problem. As I said, other views like chase and top down work fine, just street view and 3D are not offered from the drop down menu. Do I have to install anything else? Do I need the advanced truing software or should it be available in basic?

mcorn

Post by mcorn » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:16 am

According to the comparison table, there is no difference between Basic and Advanced with respect to Google Earth functionality. I assume you have enabled Street View in settings.

Send an email to support@tacx.com explaining your problem.

gregb2712

Post by gregb2712 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi does anyone know the answer to this problem, I have just bought the I-vortex and have exactly the same issues
Any thoughts anyone?

James.White

Post by James.White » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 pm

I enabled street view in my settings (selection box) and it works well in major cities etc. It applies to each specific profile as I notice it was not selected in my wife's setting etc.

Nasz

Post by Nasz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:28 am

Have yo got Google Earth installed?

Can you import a route and play it back in Streetview mode? Does it work? If not, then there is a GE issue. If you can, using Google Earth clear your Cache in Options then try it. If the issue still remains, try changing the Terrain settings
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy

Old RLV TTS Files / RLV GE Routes / GPX Smoother / TTS4.x RLV Fix / Conconi Test / Training Plans, etc.,
http://www.lunicus.org/tacx.htm

malfukt

Post by malfukt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:12 am

And if still persists will post links for google earth plug in installer, you can remove version installed and try other versions, I thinki'm using one of the ver 6 plug ins and works fine
i7-950 Processor (4cores 3.06 GHz)
2xBIOS settings 1 overclocked to 4.3ghz
6G RAM dominator 1600Mhz
MSI NVIDIA 560 ti 1GB
CRUCIAL SSD
NEOx1 GENIUS. BUSHIDO smart
TTS beta vers 4.22.5 & TDA beta & TCA beta

dkd

Post by dkd » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Please also be aware of that street view is not possible everywhere ...

You can easy check it if you go in google maps and select an address if you don't see it there you also will not see it in TTS

gforwood

Post by gforwood » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:53 am

I have a Bushido Smart and recently purchased TTS 4 and the Google license so that I can relive some of my overseas rides using GPS Rides and Streetview. I can't get Streetview to work, though. In Settings I have 3D Earth selected and Streetview turned ON. When I ride I get the Google Earth 3D overhead follow view. If I change the setting from 3D Earth to Map all I see is a map.

I've confirmed that Streetview is indeed available for the routes I'm following, both in Google Maps and Google Earth. I just can't see it in TTS 4.

Since my only reason for purchasing TTS 4 was to ride previously recorded GPS routes in Streetview, I would really like to know how to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

KjetilS

Post by KjetilS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:25 pm

gforwood wrote:Since my only reason for purchasing TTS 4 was to ride previously recorded GPS routes in Streetview, I would really like to know how to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Street view works with me. Do you have a GPX file I can test? I'll give you my settings if it works.
You can send it to my e-mail. I'll send a PM with my address.

millahjovich

Post by millahjovich » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi does anyone know the answer to this problem, I have just bought the I-vortex and have exactly the same issues
Any thoughts anyone?

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Not sure if this will address the last question, but I was able to excerpt the quote below from a post to the Tacx Trainer software 4, which would be a better place to ask this question:
ttelmah wrote:Page Up/Page Down, or the up/down arrows on a handlebar controller.

Toggles through the views, including various 'mixes'.

You can't actually select 'StreetView' as the default, since quite a few things can't actually work in it (no free riding for example), but once you are in Google Maps, it becomes one of the available displays in the ones you can toggle through.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Pietro1

Post by Pietro1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 am

Hello
I have 4 TTS software license and google but there is a problem with 3D maps and views street view. In the settings I selected 3D Earth and Streetview turned ON. and is only visible map without the possibility to rotate and zoom 3D.
On the computer I installed google earth and the works and the TTS 4 no.
Please help turn the 3D and street streetview.

Kaspi

Post by Kaspi » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi,
I think there was a change like a year ago where the 3D has been disable due to some licencing issues.
I have i-Flow and I can change the view using the controlling unit.
It is not quite the same as zooming but worth checking.

johnmc_76

Post by johnmc_76 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 pm

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm
Not sure if this will address the last question, but I was able to excerpt the quote below from a post to the Tacx Trainer software 4, which would be a better place to ask this question:
ttelmah wrote:Page Up/Page Down, or the up/down arrows on a handlebar controller.

Toggles through the views, including various 'mixes'.

You can't actually select 'StreetView' as the default, since quite a few things can't actually work in it (no free riding for example), but once you are in Google Maps, it becomes one of the available displays in the ones you can toggle through.
I would add to this that you need to get the OS focused on the GPS ride window before the page/page down controls will work. This is the problem I was having. Once the ride window opens, click in the window with your mouse, then the OS will be focused on that window.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 3d view no longer works, but Streetview still works fine.

Return to “General Training topics”