Exporting training data (was Back to basics Please!!!)

Moderators: malfukt, Steve Newton, Tacx support, JörgenJ, mcorn, Tacx Moderator, Tacx Video Production

rikicarra

Re: Back to basics Please!!!

Post by rikicarra » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

bdskier wrote:
rikicarra wrote:
Phil wrote: it will get added eventually, there are fair number of software packages out there though to look at your data some of which are free like http://goldencheetah.org/ then perhaps Polar performance software used to be really good, Obviously I recommend Cycling Peaks or wko, I even helped beta test that back when I raced. Its the crown jewels of power data management. Tacx are working with a well known pro team coach on this side of the software for next winter. Im sure you will see some changes but the main thing is being able to export the data into a format you can use just about every place. We have chosen hrm & you can set the software to record everything at a 1 second sample rate. If you train outside at all then I would recommend using a single software package for all your training.
Phil,
thank you for your answer. How do you set TTS3.1 to record every second?

Thamks
When you go in to analyse your ride looking at the graph there is a tab at the top to show table view. When it's selected there is a popup on the right where you can set it to 1 second. Then when you export to HRM it will be at 1 second intervals.

I've been using GoldenCheetah for the last 3 months or so. Since they came out with version 2.0 the HRM import has worked great. Before that importing crashed unless you tweaked the HRM file. The 2.0 update also has a lot of new bells and whistles. IMHO it's great for free software.
Thank you for your answer. I have tried what you suggested, but apparently it didn't work. I have selected one activity, left the default 30 sec interval and exported to HRM. Then changed the interval to 1 sec, exported to HRM in a different file. Compared the two HRM files and they are exactly the same.
Neo Smart - TTS4.22.5
W10 64bit - 4GB RAM - Asus GTX 560 Ti 2GB
LG 50" FullHD

Skrider

Problem with statistics ST3

Post by Skrider » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Since 3 weeks I own a Genius with TTS 4.2.

Because I needed some statistics and inspired by this topic, I installed ST3.
Exported the results from TTS in .hrm and imported them in ST3.

This works fine and the possibilities of the free version of ST3 offer everything I need.

But, the Energy (kJ) doesn't show up in ST3 and the numbers of meters up and meters down are not correct.

Can anybody advise me? :?:

Roadrigger

Re: Exporting training data (was Back to basics Please!!!)

Post by Roadrigger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

hello All,

New owner of a Tacx Bushido Smart. Was wondering if there is a way to segment my training rides with "laps. My coach is looking for more data on each interval when uploading to Training Peaks. I need to equivalent of a "lap" button on a Garmin 910XT.

Any idea if this can be done with the Tacx App, or if not any suggestions on another app?

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Roadrigger wrote:I need to equivalent of a "lap" button on a Garmin 910XT.
Which training application are you using? If you are using TTS, then create pre-programmed Watt-Time or Relative Power workouts that conform to your coaches training specifications - i.e. 2x20 at X watts. ALso, if your primary means of logging training data is from your Garmin, then simply pair your Bushido SMART as a Powermeter with the 910XT and either use the speed and cadence from the Bushido, or if you have these sensors on the bike, then use those and simply push the lap button when appropriate.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Roadrigger

Post by Roadrigger » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:44 pm

ms6073 wrote:
Roadrigger wrote:I need to equivalent of a "lap" button on a Garmin 910XT.
Which training application are you using? If you are using TTS, then create pre-programmed Watt-Time or Relative Power workouts that conform to your coaches training specifications - i.e. 2x20 at X watts. ALso, if your primary means of logging training data is from your Garmin, then simply pair your Bushido SMART as a Powermeter with the 910XT and either use the speed and cadence from the Bushido, or if you have these sensors on the bike, then use those and simply push the lap button when appropriate.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

sonnee

Post by sonnee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:17 am

Many thanks for sharing some knowledge here :)

ms6073

Post by ms6073 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:06 pm

millahjovich wrote:Sounds like what poggs38 was asking for is something that was already developed and used by myself and many others.
Not really an answer, but seems like the Tacx Cycling app for Tablets, which works with both legacy ANT+ trainers and Tacx's Smart trainers, is free and provides a 'Catalyst' Watt-Time and Slope-Time training experience as well as allows for the use of RLV's.
TTS 4.19.1 | T2800 NEO Smart [formerly Bushido & Fortius]
MSI GS70 Laptop | Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.40 GHz | 16 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
GeForce GTX 870M | 256 GB SSD x 2 RAID 0 + 1 TB HDD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Tacx Video Production

Post by Tacx Video Production » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:06 pm

millahjovich wrote:Phil you say Tacx is working on something for future release. Sounds like what poggs38 was asking for is something that was already developed and used by myself and many others. It was, is an excellent training tool. Why not have a "Light Version" for those that don't want all the GPS bling bling with ETA and different views of maps, etc etc. That light version could be the original Fortius software and Tacx wouldn't get burdoned down with future tech support requests. Appearently if they are working on something simular there is going to be an upcharge? I remember when Tacx came out with the Sipscape terrain and offered it as a download for free. That was back when I sung praises for Tacx.
I think Tacx have a fairly good game plan regarding new software, I think the actual cost to ride Tacx software will drop massively. Already the Tacx apps are completely free (other then the RLVs). Tacx VR software (TTS4) will continue as is for at least a few more years.

couldgricken

Re:

Post by couldgricken » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Tacx Video Production wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 am
Ive put this thread in the training section as its quite good info here & it will get buried in the TTS section.

Thanks for the link.

Return to “General Training topics”